Here you can find all information about future Photon activities, including rundowns of future meetings. Future activities can always be found on our Photon Calendar (see below). To get a feel for what Photon has been up to, check out some of Last Year’s Highlights (also below).
On the Horizon
- A full-blown outreach initiative, led by Outreach Officers Ryan Gelly and Joseph Stuckey
- Semester project!
- Collaborations with other BU science clubs
- Physics study and help sessions
Last Year’s Highlights
- Photon Goes to The Museum of Science!
- BU Physics Pumpkin Drop 2013
- First annual Explosion Day
- First annual Wave Day
- Photon goes to SkyZone!
- Photon hikes Blue Hills!
- Survey raffle contest
- SPS Mixer: Ice skating at the Frog Pond with Harvard and MIT
- SPS Mixer: Extreme Picnic with Northeastern SPS
- Guest Speakers: Nicholas Schade (metamaterials), Lina Necib (theoretical particle phenomenology), Sidney Redner (statistical physics), Kirill Korolev (biophysics), and Robert Carey (precision particle experiment)
- Student Speakers: Vishal Bala (Black Hole Imaging), Gerard Lawler (Validation of the Mars International Reference Ionosphere), Ryan Gelly (High-Resolution Nanoparticle Microscopy), and Ben Dickens (Emergent Properties of Large, Diverse Ecosystems)
- Experiments: Measuring the Visible Spectrum of the Human Eye, Verifying the Mpemba Effect