My current research interest comprises various topics of polymer physics, including the dynamics of polymer under nano-confinement, wetting properties of polymer films on solid and liquid surfaces, and dynamics, phase behaviors and applications of polymer nano-composites. In addition, my work frequently involves the use of atomic force microscopy (AFM). Therefore, I am also interested in nano-mechanics, nanotribology and development of characterization techniques involving AFM.
1. “Conflicting Confinement Effects on the Tg, Diffusivity and Effective Viscosity of Polymer Films: A Case Study with Poly(isobutyl methacrylate) on Silica and Possible Resolution”, K. Geng, R. Katsumata, X. Yu, H. Ha, A. R. Dulaney, C. J. Ellison, and O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 50, 609-617 (2017). [link]
2. “Viscosity and Surface-Promoted Slippage of Thin Polymer Films Supported by a Solid Substrate”, F. Chen, D. Peng, C. -H. Lam and O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 48, 5034-9 (2015). [link]
3. "Glass Transition Dynamics and Surface Layer Mobility in Unentangled Polystyrene Films", Z. Yang, Y. Fujii, F. K. Lee, C. -H. Lam and O. K. C. Tsui, Science, 328, 1676-1679 (2010). [link]
4. "Studying Surface Glass-to-Rubber Transition Using Atomic Force Microscopic Adhesion Measurements" O. K. C. Tsui, X. P. Wang, Jacob Y. L. Ho, T. K. Ng, Xudong Xiao, Macromolecules, 33, 4198 (2000). [link]
5. "Study on the Origin of Inverted Phase in Drying Solution-Cast Block Copolymer Films", Haiying Huang, Fajun Zhang, Zhijun Hu, Binyang Du, Tianbai He, Fuk Kay Lee, Yongjian Wang, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 36, 4084-4092 (2003). [link]
7. "Liquid Crystal Pretilt Angle Control Using Nano-textured Surfaces", by Fion Sze-Yan Yeung, Feng-Chao Xie, Jones Tsz-Kai Wan, Fuk Kay Lee, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Ping Sheng and Hoi-Sing Kwok, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 124506 (2006). [link]
9. "Excitation of Josephson Plasma Resonance in Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d in an oblique field", Ophelia K.C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, pp.819-822 (1996). [link]
10. "Sharp Magnetoabsorption Resonances in the Vortex State of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d", Ophelia K. C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, Y. Matsuda, Y. F. Yan and J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 73, pp.724-727 (1994). [link]
Last revised on 9/19/2018.