Prof. Ophelia K. C. Tsui
Department of Physics, Boston University
My current research interest comprises various topics of polymer physics, including the dynamics of polymer under nano-confinement, wetting properties of polymer films on solid and liquid surfaces, and dynamics, phase behaviors and applications of polymer nano-composites. In addition, my work frequently involves the use of atomic force microscopy (AFM). Therefore, I am also interested in nano-mechanics, nanotribology and development of characterization techniques involving AFM.
1. “Viscosity and Surface-Promoted Slippage of Thin Polymer Films Supported by a Solid Substrate”, F. Chen, D. Peng, C. -H. Lam and O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 48, pp. 5034-9 (2015). [link]
2. “Viscosity of PMMA on Silica: Epitome of Systems with Strong Polymer-Substrate Interactions", Ranxing N. Li, Fei Chen, Chi-Hang Lam, O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 46, 7889-93 (2013). [link]
3. "Glass Transition Dynamics and Surface Layer Mobility in Unentangled Polystyrene Films", Z. Yang, Y. Fujii, F. K. Lee, C. -H. Lam and O. K. C. Tsui, Science, 328, 1676-1679 (2010). [link]
4. "Studying Surface Glass-to-Rubber Transition Using Atomic Force Microscopic Adhesion Measurements" O. K. C. Tsui, X. P. Wang, Jacob Y. L. Ho, T. K. Ng, Xudong Xiao, Macromolecules, 33, 4198 (2000). [link]
5. "Study on the Origin of Inverted Phase in Drying Solution-Cast Block Copolymer Films", Haiying Huang, Fajun Zhang, Zhijun Hu, Binyang Du, Tianbai He, Fuk Kay Lee, Yongjian Wang, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 36, 4084-4092 (2003). [link]
7. "Liquid Crystal Pretilt Angle Control Using Nano-textured Surfaces", by Fion Sze-Yan Yeung, Feng-Chao Xie, Jones Tsz-Kai Wan, Fuk Kay Lee, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Ping Sheng and Hoi-Sing Kwok, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 124506 (2006). [link]
9. "Excitation of Josephson Plasma Resonance in Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d in an oblique field", Ophelia K.C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, pp.819-822 (1996). [link]
10. "Sharp Magnetoabsorption Resonances in the Vortex State of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d", Ophelia K. C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, Y. Matsuda, Y. F. Yan and J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 73, pp.724-727 (1994). [link]
Last revised on 1/21/2016.