Prof. Ophelia K. C. Tsui
Department of Physics, Boston University
My current research interest comprises various fields of soft condensed matter physics, including dewetting instability of polymer thin films, dynamics of polymer ultra thin films, wetting properties of textured surfaces, surface and frustration induced orientational ordering in polymer films and liquid crystal systems and application of microfluidics in biological studies. As atomic force microscopy (AFM) is a major tool in my research, I am also engaged in the development and application of various AFM techniques such as AFM mechanics, nanotribology and nanolithography.
1. ôViscosity of PMMA on Silica: Epitome of Systems with Strong Polymer-Substrate Interactions", Ranxing N. Li, Fei Chen, Chi-Hang Lam, O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 46, 7889-93 (2013). [link]
2, "Glass Transition Dynamics and Surface Layer Mobility in Unentangled Polystyrene Films", Z. Yang, Y. Fujii, F. K. Lee, C. -H. Lam and O. K. C. Tsui, Science, 328, 1676-1679 (2010). [link]
3. "Wettability of End-Grafted Polymer Brush by Chemically Identical Polymer Films", X. Zhang, F. K. Lee, O. K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 41, 8148-8151 (2008). [link]
4. "Studying Surface Glass-to-Rubber Transition Using Atomic Force Microscopic Adhesion Measurements" O. K. C. Tsui, X. P. Wang, Jacob Y. L. Ho, T. K. Ng, Xudong Xiao, Macromolecules, 33, 4198 (2000). [link]
5. "Study on the Origin of Inverted Phase in Drying Solution-Cast Block Copolymer Films", Haiying Huang, Fajun Zhang, Zhijun Hu, Binyang Du, Tianbai He, Fuk Kay Lee, Yongjian Wang, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Macromolecules, 36, 4084-4092 (2003). [link]
6. "Effect of C60 Molecular Rotation on Nanotribology", Qi Liang, O. K. C. Tsui, Yabo Xu, Hongnian Li, Xudong Xiao, Phys. Rev. Lett., 90, 146102-1 (2003). [link]
7. "Liquid Crystal Pretilt Angle Control Using Nano-textured Surfaces", by Fion Sze-Yan Yeung, Feng-Chao Xie, Jones Tsz-Kai Wan, Fuk Kay Lee, Ophelia K. C. Tsui, Ping Sheng and Hoi-Sing Kwok, J. Appl. Phys. 99, 124506 (2006). [link]
8. "Liquid Crystal Orientation Transition on Microtextured Substrates", B. Zhang, F. K. Lee, O. K. C. Tsui, P. Sheng, Phys. Rev. Lett., 91, 215501-4 (2003). [link]
9. "Excitation of Josephson Plasma Resonance in Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d in an oblique field", Ophelia K.C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 76, pp.819-822 (1996). [link]
10. "Sharp Magnetoabsorption Resonances in the Vortex State of Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+d", Ophelia K. C. Tsui, N. P. Ong, Y. Matsuda, Y. F. Yan and J. B. Peterson, Phys. Rev. Lett. 73, pp.724-727 (1994). [link]
Last revised on 02 January 2014.