Anders W. Sandvik
Professor of physics
Department of Physics
Office: SCI316, Phone: (617) 353-3843
+ Professor of physics, Boston University
+ Associate professor of physics, Boston University 2004-2008
+ Academy of Finland senior research fellow, Åbo Akademi University, 2000-2004
+ Visiting research assistant professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1999-2000
+ Visiting scholar, Center for Nonlinear Studies, Los Alamos National Laboratory, 1998-99
+ Postdoctoral research associate, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1996-99
+ Postdoctoral research associate, Florida State University, Tallahassee, 1994-96
+ Postdoctoral research associate, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1993-94
+ Ph.D. in Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara, 1993
+ Fil. Kand. (M.Sc.) in Physics, Åbo Akademi University (Finland), 1989
|Research interests: Strongly correlated quantum many-particle systems, Numerical simulation methods in quantum and classical statistical physics. For further details see research pages and my list of publications|
- Statistical Thermodynamics (PY410) course at BU; course web site.
- Computational Physics (PY502) course at BU; course web site.
- XIV Training Course in the Physics of Strongly Correlated Systems, Vietri Sul Mare (Salerno, Italy), October 2009; course material.
- Perimeter Scoholars International, "Quantum Spin Simulations", April 5-23, 2010; course material.
- ICTP Trieste, Winter School "Quantum Monte Carlo Methods at Work for Novel Phases of Matter" , January 23 - February 3, 2012; course material.
|Stochastic Series Expansion (SSE) quantum Monte Carlo programs are available for download (but I recommend the above Trieste 2012 school material for newer/better versions). here.|
|I have been involved in constructing several computer clusters, as explained here.|